We invented portable trenching!
TT 500 & TT 800 Portable Trenchers
Our patented award-winning Kiwi invention is the world’s most portable and versatile trencher. The sheer convenience and impressive digging speed of a machine that you can carry with one hand can save you serious time and money. It is ideally suited for undergrounding a wide range of cable and pipe.
Powered by a high-quality Stihl powerhead, it is the professional contractor’s trencher of choice when space is tight. It digs with little turf disturbance, allowing rapid back-filling and site clean-up. Why spoil the environment with a big messy trench when 40mm wide is all you need? Long run trenches are a breeze with the optional wheel support in place.
TerraTrencher TT 500
The TT 500/800 is a dedicated trencher:
- It cuts a neat trench 38-40mm wide. The TT500 digs up to 500mm deep and the TT 800 easily up to 670mm.
- Components are industrial grade, it handles soil with aggregate up to the size of the trench.
- Digging speed at full depth is close to a metre per minute in most soil types.
- Safety chain brake and anti-vibration features are retained.
- Wider trenches can be easily achieved using the twin trench method.
- Soil is dispersed on approx. a 70 – 30 ratio each side of the trench.
- The digging chain has self-sharpening teeth that will cut through tree roots up to approx. 30mm dia.
- When anything solid in the ground is struck, an experienced operator will feel a bounce, rise over it and continue trenching. Removal of the obstruction is then done by hand pick.
- The drive chain runs via a transfer case to the main digging chain.
- The digging bar and chain is centred for ease of balance when digging a trench.
- The digging bar sprockets have dirt ejectors to keep the digging chain running smoothly.
- The Wheel Support makes digging long trenches easy and controls the depth to an even standard.
- The trencher can be operated by hand for short runs (e.g. when trenching around curves or close to buildings) or in the Wheel Support for longer runs.
- Both “Chipper” and “Gravel”pattern digging chains are supplied. Specific use of these is covered in the manual. Other specialised chain options (e.g. hard-faced) are available on request.
- The TT 500 is a handy size, our most popular model for installing cable/fibre, irrigation lines, landscaping, agriculture and The TT 800 version digs to approx. 670mm easily and is favoured by electrical conduit installers and tree transplanters.
- The TT 500 attachment weighs just 7.7kg and the TT 800 attachment weighs 9.1kg.
To drive these units we specify powerheads from the Stihl MS 4, 5 or 6 series. These are from the Stihl Professional range, selected to deliver the required torque and power. They also have superior air filtration, which we further enhance with our custom filter kits.
- Your TerraTrencher can either be supplied from our Auckland facility “Ready to dig”, professionally fiited to a powerhead, or ordered as an attachment/Conversion kit. Your local Stihl Shop can also supply the correct powerhead and fit it to our specifications.
- Overseas customers can likewise have their powerhead supplied and fitted by one of our participating Stihl dealer networks.
- The Trencher is fully servicable. We can service your machine at our East Tamaki location where we stock all the parts and accessories needed. We are just an email or phone call away.
- Parts and service can also be sourced through your local Stihl dealer.
- The warranty on the powerheads is an “Out of box” warranty only – once the TerraTrencher kit is fitted.
For pricing on complete “Ready to dig”options, contact us. Pricing for the TerraTrencher as a “Conversion kit” (excludes power head), and for the Wheel Support, is as follows:
- 1 x TerraTrencher TT 500 Conversion Kit to suit a Stihl MS 4 or 5 series powerhead: RRP NZ $2,490.00 + GST
- 1 x TerraTrencher TT 800 Conversion Kit to suit a Stihl MS 5 or 6 series powerhead: RRP NZ $ 3,095.00 + GST
Price above includes:
- 1 x TerraTrencher Owner’s Manual
- 1 x Fine dust oilable foam filter kit
- 1 x Long bar spanner
- 1 x Chipper pattern digging chain
- 1 x Gravel pattern digging chain
- 1 x Digging chain safety scabbard
- 1 x Spare nose bearing, and 3 x Spare shear bolts
- 1 x TerraTrencher WS (Wheel Support) RRP NZ $705.00 + GST
- Requires no tools to assemble – suits both TT 500 and TT 800
- Quick release in an out of trolley – less than 30 seconds
- Remote throttle control from a standing position, with an inline throttle cable adjuster
- Insulated hand grip and handle, and adjustable pull straps for comfort
- Quick and easy handle release for transporting, and solid wheels – no punctures
- Rotary depth adjuster enables trencher to dig at various angles – up to vertical at full depth
- Proven to be efficient by professionals world-wide
Purchase with confidence!
7 – Day money-back guarantee
If your TerraTrencher is not how you expect on delivery, advise us by email within 7 days and you may return
it unused in the original packaging for a full refund within 30 days, less our invoiced freight cost to you.
“Your TerraTrencher is proudly made in New Zealand”
Your order is generally shipped within 24 hours of payment.
If you require further clarification contact us by email or on +64 9 4316400
This link below shows a range of TerraTrencher TT500 Trencher video clips – check them out.