We invented portable trenching!
TT 500 & TT 800 Portable Trenchers
Information for our International Customers:
Our patented award-winning Kiwi invention is the world’s most portable and versatile trencher. The sheer convenience and impressive digging speed of a machine that you can carry with one hand can save you serious time and money. It is ideally suited for undergrounding a wide range of cable and pipe.
Powered by a high-quality Stihl powerhead, it is the professional contractor’s trencher of choice when space is tight. It digs with little turf disturbance, allowing rapid back-filling and site clean-up. Why spoil the environment with a big messy trench when 40mm/1.6 inches wide is all you need? Long run trenches are a breeze with the optional wheel support in place.
TerraTrencher TT 500
The TT 500/800 fully assembled is a dedicated trencher, but for the international market we currently supply your TerraTrencher as a “Trencher Conversion Kit” only (without powerhead) to be fitted with an engine by a Stihl dealer of your choice. This reduces the cost of air freight and provides direct benefits to you – with local pricing and support from your Stihl dealer on the powerhead. We supply all of the special hardware required along with detailed fitting instructions.
Features and Benefits:
- It cuts a clean trench 38-40mm (1 ½ inches) The TT500 digs up to 500mm (20 inches) deep and the TT 800 up to 670mm (26 inches).
- Components are industrial grade, it handles soil with aggregate up to the size of the trench.
- Digging speed at full depth is close to a metre (39 inches) per minute in most soil types.
- Safety chain brake and anti-vibration features are retained.
- Wider trenches can be easily achieved using the twin trench method.
- Soil is dispersed on approx. a 70 – 30 ratio each side of the trench.
- The digging chain has self-sharpening teeth that will cut through tree roots up to 30mm (1 inch) dia.
- The digging bar sprockets have dirt ejectors to keep the digging chain running smoothly.
More Features and Benefits:
- The digging bar and chain is centred for ease of balance when digging a trench.
- When anything solid in the ground is struck, an experienced operator will feel a bounce, rise over it and continue trenching. Removal of the obstruction is then done by hand pick.
- The drive chain, either spray wax or oil lubricated, runs via a transfer case to the main digging chain.
- The Wheel Support makes digging long trenches easy and controls the depth to an even standard.
- The trencher can be operated by hand for short runs (e.g. when trenching around curves or close to buildings) or in the Wheel Support for longer runs.
- Both “Chipper” and “Gravel”pattern digging chains are supplied with your initial order unless otherwise specified. Specific use of these is covered in the manual. Other specialised chain options (e.g. hard-faced) are available on request.
- The TT 500 is a handy size, our most popular model for installing cable/fibre, irrigation lines, landscaping, agriculture and The TT 800 version easily digs to approx. 670mm (26 inches) deep, 38-40mm (1 ½ inches) wide, and is favoured by electrical conduit installers and tree transplanters.
- The TT 500 attachment weighs just 7.7kg (17 lb.) The TT 800 attachment weighs 9.1kg (20 lb.)
- To drive these units we specify powerheads from the Stihl MS 4, 5 or 6 series. These are from the Stihl Professional range, selected to deliver the required torque and power. They also have superior air filtration, which we further enhance with our custom filter kits.
- The Trencher is fully servicable. At our (Auckland, NZ) facility we stock all the parts and accessories you may need. We are just an email or phone call away. Alternatively parts and service can be sourced through your local Stihl dealer.
- The warranty on the powerheads is an “Out of box” warranty only – once the TerraTrencher kit is fitted.
TerraTrencher “Conversion Kit” (excluding power head), and Wheel Support pricing, is as follows:
- 1 x TerraTrencher TT 500 Conversion Kit for a Stihl MS 4 or 5 series powerhead: NZ $2,490.00
Price above includes:
- 1 x TerraTrencher Owner’s Manual
- 1 x Fine dust oilable foam filter kit
- 1 x Long bar spanner
- 1 x Digging chain safety scabbard
- 1 x Chipper pattern digging chain and 1 x Gravel pattern digging chain
- 1 x Spare nose bearing & 3 x Spare shear bolts
- 1 x TerraTrencher Wheel Support (WS): NZ $705.00
- Requires no tools to assemble – suits both TT 500 and TT 800
- Quick release in an out of trolley – less than 30 seconds
- Remote throttle control from a standing position, with an Inline cable adjuster
- Insulated hand grip and handle, and adjustable pull straps for comfort
- Quick and easy handle release for transporting, and solid wheels – no punctures
- Rotary depth adjuster enables trencher to dig at various angles – up to vertical at full depth
- Proven to be efficient by professionals world-wide
- 1 x TerraTrencher TT 800 Conversion Kit for a Stihl MS 5 or 6 series powerhead: NZ $3,095.00 (Includes complete support kit as detailed above, to suit TT 800)
- Freight and packaging – to be advised when destination is known.
(If applicable, local customs fees or tax may be payable by you at your end)
Purchase with confidence!
Your TerraTrencher is proudly made in New Zealand and has been for nearly 2 decades!
- When you have advised us of your product selection, we will email you an invoice for payment.
- You may also need to advise us the email details for your Stihl dealer of choice, where you will be purchasing the Stihl powerhead. Note: At fitting, the normal setup for city/urban use is to use spray wax for drive chain lubrication. However, users working in rural/open field locations where occasional oil drips are no problem, may wish to retain the powerhead auto-oiler system, which is otherwise disconnected – advise the dealer of your preference. You may therefore need to locally purchase spray wax for drive chain lubrication. This is the same product used on motorcycle, go-kart and other roller-chain-driven machinery.
- Once the invoice is paid we will freight the goods immediately to you, with delivery expected within 7-10 working days (If a different schedule is expected, you will be advised prior to invoicing).
- Tracking details will be sent to you once shipping is underway.
- Detailed fitting instructions for the TerraTrencher Conversion Kit are included. If you wish, we can also email them to your local Stihl dealer.
- Your Stihl dealer will fit the TerraTrencher unit and carry out the pre-delivery check on the powerhead. You will then be ready to start trenching. Enjoy!
If you require further clarification contact us by email or on +64 9 4316400
This link below shows a range of TerraTrencher TT500 Trencher video clips – check them out. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLr8VVhPkLJThxNlJJGdIiUyXzFTbqyFE-